- 15:39 Lunchtime! Finally! #
- 18:46 Riding around Greenville after eating at Pizza Inn. #
- 19:47 back home now. #
- 19:49 cool. I can update everything from one place now. #
- 00:39 Turning down the air b/c it’s hot under the blanket. #
- 01:29 Reading in an attempt to fall back to sleep. #
- 01:51 Exiting msgrs & twitter client on the laptop. #
I was browsing through a new blog I found, and came across, to quote the author of the post, “…the best definition of the word I have ever seen.” The definition reads as follows:
Love is the continual act of unconditionally putting the needs of others before your own.
- 00:13 New blog post: Happenings customerservant.com/?p=3726 #
- 02:07 Under the covers, waiting for sleep to catch up with me. #
- 14:50 Digitizing my analog copy of Bulfinch’s Mythology. #
- 14:53 @UtahSEOpro Given that Bush will be out of office no later than Jan of 09, isn’t impeachment kind of useless? #
- 14:55 @blindtwit That’s only 5hrs from me. Clt’s not a bad place to lay over b/t planes. #
- 14:58 Hmmm. Pagination seems to be broken. #
- 14:59 Oh. OK, now it works. #
- 15:10 Crap. More dripping from upstairs. #
- 19:28 Digitizing my copy of Bulfinch’s Mythology. #
- 19:32 Washing a blanket. #
- 20:47 At Foodlion getting a chaser. #
- 20:56 Riding around Greenville. #
- 20:58 Getting gas. #
- 21:27 Hanging out at Dr. Unks. #
- 23:44 Back home now. #
- 23:50 Waiting on maintenance to show up to fix the constant leak in my bathroom ceiling. Irritated. #
Wp seems to have eaten the last incarnation of this post, so we’ll try this again.
There’s an app I use called Online Bible, which, as the title suggests, allows one to study/read the Bible, (and whatever other books one decides to import into the thing), on one’s PC.
It’s a very powerful app, allowing, among other things, the creation of one’s own modules by simply marking up a text file.
Someone’s even created three different translations of the Qur’an for the thing, and after eight years of use, I still haven’t figured out how they did it.
The only drawback I’ve found with the program is that if you’ve acquired a ton of modules like I have, a complete install can take at least three hours, and that’s if you work at it non-stop.
What I’m trying to find out is if there is a way to create a single install for everything, so that I can avoid this if I ever have to reinstall.
You can back up all the modules, and when you’re creating modules for distribution, there’s a setup utility that can be included so that a user can run a self-extracting archive and have the module automatically install.
I’m thinking that this method may be used to create a single install, if I include all the backups in the same directory, and also include the setup utility.
I’ll post more if I get more information.
- 00:25 New blog post: Happenings customerservant.com/?p=3722 #
- 17:16 Wondering if Topix.net has rss feeds. #
- 17:45 Looks like work will end early today. #
- 18:21 Dinner plans with aunts postponed, having dinner in. #
- 20:31 Thinking maybe I should do some blogging. #
- 20:40 Snding some txts. #
- 00:03 New blog post: Live From The Recliner customerservant.com/?p=3723 #